Friday, September 12, 2008

Machine Girl (2008), Noboru Iguchi



Yet another Japanese female revenge film. Ami, the "Machine Girl" in question, attempts to avenge her little brother's death, losing half an arm to an unfortunate tree fungus incident in the process. I am lying (a little), but yadda yadda yadda, she becomes equipped with a machine gun arm and kills half of Japan in the process. Cool.

This movie was pretty dreadful in the way of writing/acting. Watching it dubbed rather than subtitled is the way to go, I assure you. However, in terms of gore and hilarity (sometimes intentional, sometimes not), it was gold star sticker-worthy. There were some parts that could be interpreted as homages to Evil Dead II and Riki-Oh. I guess. The amount of CGI in this movie is pretty ridiculous. I feel like the whole movie was just done in front of a green screen. So basically what I'm saying is that there is A LOT OF GRATUITOUS GORE in this film. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a one night stand, because I wouldn't really call The Machine Girl relationship material.

Grade: B- (But only because there was so much goddamn fake blood!)

No comments: