Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hell of the Living Dead (1980), Bruno Mattai

This movie was about zombies. And maybe cannibals? That's really all I've got. It managed to be a horrible ripoff of both Dawn of the Dead and Cannibal Holocaust at the same time, all while boring me to sleep. I am not exaggerating, this movie took me not one, not two, but THREE tries to get through the whole thing. This has never happened to me before.

And just to prove that no film is without merit, there were actually about three interesting parts in the whole thing. One being the child zombie who was repeatedly shot, but was apparently unphased, as his need to eat flesh was just that insatiable. I think he was the best actor in this entire movie. Two was the gratuitous segment which prominently featured the breasts of Ms. Margit Evelyn Newton. I'd recommend Googling that name. And third was the extremely brutal uppercut right to the brain at the end.

I would probably not recommend this movie to anyone. I fell into the trap of saying to myself, "It's an Italian zombie flick. There is no way this will be as bad as everyone says!" DO NOT do this. I like bad movies, and this is probably among the worst I have ever seen.

I can't even come up with a grade for this. Oh wait, here's one: W-O-O-F.

No comments: