Monday, October 27, 2008

Teen Wolf Too (1987), Christopher Leitch

The widely panned sequel to the ever popular Teen Wolf, Teen Wolf Too stars Jason Bateman as Todd Howard, the cousin of Scott Howard, the original "Teen Wolf." Todd is kind of a late bloomer, in the sense that he is 18 and has not yet discovered his wolf-man powers. Although never having actually played a sport, he inexplicably recieves a sports scholarship to a local college. Turns out the athletic director from Scott's high school has gotten a new job, as the A.D. of said college. He thinks that Todd will someday hulk out and turn into a Teen Wolf himself, which is why he has chosen him to be on the school's boxing team. Other than that, the plot is nearly identical to the first Teen Wolf, so I trust you have all seen it, and can figure it out from there.

I unapologetically love this movie. I'm sorry, but I almost like it more than the first Teen Wolf. No, I am not kidding. Maybe it's just because I love Jason Bateman so much. But honestly, I believe this movie contains one of the greatest moments in cinematic history: Teen Wolf #2 at a party, singing "Do You Love Me?" (and I'm pretty certain it really is Jason Bateman singing) with choreographed background dancers. I plan on making a video mixtape someday, and I'm pretty sure it will just be this movie, with some other stuff spliced in during the boring parts (which are few and far between, and mostly have to do with him trying to get with a hot nerdy chick and/or studying). That is how awesome this movie is. They are selling both the Teen Wolf movies on one disc at Target right now for $4.75. I implore you to go purchase it. You will not be sorry.

Grade: A

No comments: