Wednesday, September 24, 2008

À l'intérieur (2007), Alexandre Bustillo/Julien Maury
Inside



A pregnant woman and her husband are involved in a car crash. The husband dies. His wife and unborn child survive. She becomes more and more depressed each day, as one obviously would due to losing the love of their life to such circumstances, and thus she is pretty much a complete asshole to everyone close to her. The night before Christmas, Sarah prepares to give birth bright and early the next day. All is well and normal, until she gets a seemingly random (and shit-in-pants inducing) visit from a mysterious woman.

This movie is fucking TERRIFYING! Seriously! I thought maybe it was just because I myself possess a uterus, and therefore can identify. But no! I have seen this twice, both times I was the only female present, and was most definitely NOT the only person on the brink of urinating all over myself. Sure, there are some things that don't add up. But my personal opinion is that the unexplainable adds to the cringe factor. The type of horror movies that scare me most are ones involving home intrusions (If you can recommend me some, that would be rad. Thanks in advance.), so needless to say... shit, meet pants.

Grade: A+


P.S. La Femme looked pretty familiar to me, so I IMDb'ed her, and she was totally the blind lady in Jarmusch's Night on Earth! Weird, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out Ils if you haven't seen it already.